Not much work, so good, and can be used as a main dish, in a salad, sandwich, anything really.
- Flank steak (1.5lb-2lb)
- 1 bottle of Guinness
- 4 tbsp sugar in the raw
- 2 tbsp honey
- Spices: 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, a (good) pinch of smoked habanero or cayenne pepper
1. Place all marinade ingredients in a 1 gallon ziplock bag, mix.
2. Place the steak in the ziplock bag, remove as much air as possible and close the bag.
3. Flatten the steak inside the bag and place flat in the fridge for 24 hours. Flip it over a few times while in the fridge.
4. Heat your grill with a closed lid to the on the highest setting until it gets as hot as possible (15 minutes or so).
5. Remove the steak from the bag and grill for 2 minutes each side with a closed lid.
6. Remove from the grill, place on a wooden cutting board and let sit for 4 minutes.
7. Cut to thin slices, beveled against the grain.