Excellent with a side or in a salad. Minimal effort and great results.
- 2 Short Ribs Strips 2″ wide (8″-10″ long, 1″-1.5″ thick)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Lime’s juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar in the raw
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp port wine
- Place all marinade ingredients in a gallon size ziplock bag and mix.
- Place the meat in the ziplock bag, take out as much air as possible and seal it.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes while working the meat inside the bag every couple of minutes to “encourage” the marinade to get inside the meat.
- Heat the grill to highest setting.
- Grill the meat on high for 3-4 minute each side. Discard the ziplock with marinade.
- Let the meat stand off the grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the meat to 1/4″ thick slices.
When serving, pour the juice that came out from the meat when cutting it over the sliced pieces and/or mashed if served together.