Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts and Onions
Is cauliflower a real flower? Are Brussels sprouts from Brussels? Do onions also make you sad? They make me happy.
This doesn’t look the most elegant, but it does taste most excellent. Easy recipe to make.
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1/2 cauliflower, broken to gulf ball size pieces
- 8 Brussels sprouts cut to halves
- 1 large onion cut to half rings 1/4″ thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 5 sage leaves
- 5 oregano leaves
- Place oil, spices and sugar in a large bowl, mix
- Add the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and toss to cover evenly.
- Place in a deep oven pan and bake at 400 deg f for 45 minutes
- Mix a bit and place the sage and oregano at the bottom under the cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
- Spread the onions on top.
- Bake for additional 30 minutes.
- Discard of the sage and oregano, serve.
Can be garnished with chives.