I asked my daughter what she wants for breakfast. She said “food”. That of course narrowed down the options tremendously. This was the result.
- 4 slices, 1.5″ high, of a big Bell Pepper (3.5″-4″ in diameter).
- 2-4 pieces of bacon, cut into 1/4″ squares.
- 4 eggs
- four tbsp heavy cream
- two tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper (or Cayenne).
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Beat the eggs, cream, water, salt and black pepper until uniform.
- On a high flame, place the bell pepper slices in a pan, wider opening facing up.
- Mix the bacon with the chipotle pepper and place an equal amount of it in each slice.
- Let fry for 1 minute until the bacon fat melts and start frying the bacon.
- Pour slowly just enough egg mixture to cover the bottom inside each of the pepper slices.
- Once the bottom starts to set, pour the rest of the egg inside all slices to reach an equal height.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low for 2 more minutes.
- Turn it back to high for 30 seconds.
If you have too much egg mix, don’t over fill the peppers! The egg will rise out of control!
The egg “inflates” nicely and firms fluffy and moist, the bottom becomes crispy and flavorful.
Can be garnished with parsley, good with anything really – avocado, tuna, bread, hot sauce or harissa, salad of course, etc.