Sangria is delicious, easy to drink, refreshing and as you can understand I really like it.
I usually make 3-4 gallons, so here I reduced the amounts to make about half a gallon. Multiply as needed, and always make more than you think you’ll need, it goes fast…
- 1.5 litter (2 bottles) of red wine, the cheapest you can buy. Any red wine will do. No, really. Boxed wine is great, usually burgundy is the cheapest.
- 1.5 cups Triple sec liqueur. Don’t bother to do this without it. No need to go fancy with Cointreau.
- 3 cups (at least) of ¼” cut cubes of mixed fruits. I usually use peaches, apples (mix Granny Smith and Fuji/Gala), oranges (peel first), plum, grapes, strawberries.
- Optional ½ cup blueberries, smashed a bit.
- 1 cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed from 3 oranges is best).
- 1 cup of sprite, 7up or ginger ale.
- Juice squeezed from half a lime and half a lemon.
- 2 tbsp of sugar (or sugar in the raw).
Mix it all in a big glass or plastic container. Place in the fridge for 24 hours (this is a must). Enjoy.